Friday, February 18, 2011

My Reintro to Meditation, A 21 Day Challenge :-)

Happy Friday!!!

As many of you know I recently completed a 21 Day Meditation Challenge from the Deepok Chopra Center. All I can say is WOW! http://www.chopra.com/meditationchallenge
I have been meditating since 1995, kinda...my way. :-)

The challenge offered 21 days of guided meditations and to say that it was enlightening would be a disservice. The course taught various mantras, breathing techniques, how to meditate using color and chakras and sound. It really opened up my mind to meditation in a whole different way. I enjoyed the "calm" that stayed with me throughout the day and after further research I discovered why. Below I have shared some of the physical benefits associated with meditation as seen on http://www.1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditation.htm:

Physical Benefits
* Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.

* Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals associated with stress.
* Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that can cause tissue damage. They are now thought to be a major factor in aging and in many diseases.
* Decreased high blood pressure.
* Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels.

* Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated with cardiovascular disease.

* Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.

* Younger biological age. On standard measures of aging, long-term Transcendental Meditation (TM) practitioners (more than five years) measured 12 years younger than their chronological age.

* Higher levels of DHEAS in the elderly. An additional sign of youthfulness through Transcendental Meditation (TM); lower levels of DHEAS are associated with aging.

There you have it! As I shared on my FB page, here are my takeaways from the challenge:

Take aways: 1) when we ask for clarity and receive it, there is no need to attach yourself emotionally to the outcome, it is for our greater good. 2) when you offer your gifts from a place of integrity and authenticity, you are living a purposeful and open life that creates unlimited wealth and abundance. ♥

Namaste,
Raychelle

No comments:

Post a Comment